- New Emil Frey Jaguar G3 car.
- New laserscanned Circuit Zolder racetrack.
- New special events with online leaderboards.
- Fixed disappearing main menu UI in VR.
- Texture memory optimizations.
- Fixed a chase cam rotation bug.
- Fixed a TV camera bug.
- Car light improvements in TV camera views.
- New inertia calculation method and new more accurate inertia value (advice for setups, use softer fast damper to let the body move and settle, instead of having the car and wheels jumping)
- New motion ratio calculation for dampers resulting in more accurate values dedicated for each car.
- New ABS feature. ABS now never lets higher than 70% difference between left and right brake pressure. Improves behaviour on extreme torque vectoring, like braking and going through a water puddle with one side of the car, but can result in inner wheel locking if driver insists braking hard while turning into a turn. Might need more rear brake bias on certain cars.
- Improved ABS logic, resulting in better turn-in under braking, on certain cars (most notably modern cars such as the Huracán, F488, BMW M6).
- Improved TC off on gear-change functionality. TC is instantly switched off and on again when a gearchange occurs, in order to protect the engine and drivetrain from heavy vibrations, especially on situations where kerbs and the engine limiter are involved (part of real cars' TC logic too, occasionally they will even not allow the gearchange). Now the TC off timing is car-dedicated and optimised. Some cars might handle a gear change better than others.
- Improved tyre thermal model, especially wet tyres.
- Improved tyre grip when tyres are overheated, such as after a spin.
- More tyre wear when tyres are overheated, no free meal.
- Corrected bumpstop position and functionality of the Ferrari 488 GT3.
- New ECU maps for all cars. ECU maps now influence power, fuel consumption and throttle maps. Usually the lower number is the more powerful and has the most power consumption. After the initial 3-4 values, it switches to wet ECUmaps with similar power and fuel consumption but different throttle maps. Please check the official forum for all the released cars' ECU map characteristics.
- New launch control for all cars. Now with manual clutch, just engage 1st gear, put the clutch and accelerator to the floor and the engine will stabilize around 5000rpm. Release the clutch gradually while keeping the accelerator fully open to avoid stalling.
- Audio engine optimizations
- Fixed potential wrong volumes switching cameras
- Fixed time multiplier for the end race replay
- Fixed wrong trackmap cars position during replay
- Intro sequence updated
Aus dem Dev-Blog:
Early Access 0.5 - Great new car and track, and a bit of maintenance
Having a look at the 0.5 release patch notes, you will find that most changes are either new content or physics related. Regarding gameplay elements – including Multiplayer features – we decided to opt for a different path, which may need some explanation for non-developers.
While developing software, especially games, you constantly invent patterns and concepts. When we built the ACC gameplay during 2018, we aimed for a certain way to write the game logic, including everything from session handling, race timing, laptimes, penalties and so on. Our solution had some amazing feats and ways of working, but we also had to learn that one of the disadvantages was making the development of Multiplayer features not as efficient as we had wished for. You may have noticed that although we met our roadmap targets on time in terms of content and features, several things involving Multiplayer were late. This is not really unusual or surprising; moving a whole development team to a new engine and framework required us to learn about the new situation as the project evolved (but we didn't know where this would happen, obviously).
In December we faced the choice to either keep proceeding like that, adding as little changes as necessary to achieve a stable 1.0 Multiplayer, and then never to touch it again.
The alternative route is a rewrite of (a lot of) the code to switch to concepts that support our current needs and the things we learned. The disadvantage is obvious; we'd have to spend a lot of work to change ACC without – seemingly – adding gamplay related features and fixes for a certain amount of time, however, the gain is a much more stable environment, where we can keep adding features and also speed up future development.
I can tell it's unusual to go for a rewrite, but it expresses our approach and our plans to go on, even beyond ACC 1.0. Technically speaking, a few developers forked off the codebase and worked day and night to do the re-coding, with the goal of bringing those improvements to the main code as soon as possible. The new features on the list therefore are there, but not in this build, and we most probably will also bring them one after another even looking beyond the 1.0 release, since the development will continue to bring our audience the 2019 Season update, and more.
Being myself also responsible for ACC Multiplayer development, I needed to slow down the work on the Rating System, but likely this re-work on some of the code that we use as a foundation will help the Rating System, too, to proceed even smoother.
As a bottom line: enjoy the new content, both the car and track (in my opinion) are fabulous, and see how ACC keeps developing in the future.
I'm writing this between Multiplayer tests (on the new code), we are on a very good way – but sadly we will not see this outside the test systems for the time being.
- Improved intake sound EQ (onboard view) for the Emil Frey Jaguar G3
- Minor LOD tweaks on the EF Jaguar G3
- Jaguar collider fixed with soft collisions
- Minor updates to Zolder
- Fixed look back input using a controller binding
- Fixed wrong sound played in UI when Zolder is selected
- Fixed look left/right with chase camera when Lock to Horizon is enabled
- Fixed camera pitch change when Lock to Horizon is enabled
- Enabled look left/right with and bonnet cameras
Post was edited 1 time, last by “tonicar” ().
auch bei ACC geht es bald weiter. Update 0.6 soll in den kommenden Tagen kommen, hier noch der letzte Developer Blog Post:
With the 6th update, we will introduce many interesting additions (besides the iconic Monza Circuit and both Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3s), but it will also be the first public version based on the significant changes and refactoring we decided to go for back in December.
You will for sure notice small enhancements such as improved camera features, up to possible game changers like the radar widget, performance gains and massively improved overall stability. On top of working on several gameplay-related concepts, we also evaluated much of the experience we had already collected during the first 5 releases in the Early Access programme. For instance, in multiplayer we reworked (if not changed completely the concepts of) the netcode, session handling, entry lists, timing, leaderboards and configuration (server admins: massive changes, see here).
First of all, it means that none of the reports and bugs for earlier versions are valid anymore, and we need to look if we find new things. But this also means that we applied the same changes to the corresponding singleplayer modes, so most of our efforts actually were aimed at the complete gameplay instead of being restricted to multiplayer.
As already noted, the multiplayer changed a lot from a technical point of view, while the end-user experience should be pretty much the same. You will find the same server selection, join a server and go out and drive. Aside from a few menu changes, if we did the job well, you won't find too much of a difference from the 0.5 multiplayer version, except in:
- improved performance (mostly CPU side)
- improved stability
- reduced ping peaks
- no unexpected situations due to invisible server settings
The last point is quite important: unlike the previous versions, we sharply restricted what server admins can configure - the goal is to avoid a situation where for example a StabilityControl user could join a server, notice the grip is low (but the admin only disallowed SC use). We will open up options when the time comes, but the interesting ones (and their consequences) will be understandable in the server list, even before you join a server.
At this point I need to make a note: it is very possible, that some of our official servers will introduce a few different settings, so it's entirely possible that there will be surprises for you - however the servers will be named accordingly.
Server admins additionally will notice that the bandwidth required to run a server is reduced by ~30-40%, depending on the amount of drivers online. Full servers will be close to those 40%. Will be happy to hear how your benchmarks confirm those estimates.
The main goal of our past efforts are to build the foundation of a rock solid multiplayer system, and now is the time to identify things we could not see in our internal tests - but I'm highly confident that you will find yourself in exciting racing action with 0.6
(and I can't wait to join).
As being said, the focus on 0.6 was clearly put on the gameplay aspects, but we will still see a bit of movement on the side of the ratings:
- Track Competence (TR) now has a slightly improved feedback UI, where you see the total sections/corners to make for the next progress level
- Consistency (CN) was sharpened a bit (and is the rating with the biggest impact due to the refactoring)
- CarControl (CC) took the biggest hit; it is a lot easier and a lot harder at the same time now - depending on your personal level. Inexperienced drivers will have a hard time to reach the 50 CC value to unlock PC, but will receive the feedback they should need to improve their driving
- Pace (PC) is not changed yet, but will be during the next days: So far we had a linear dependency between leaderboard ranks and PC rating; however this resulted in getting 98 or 99 rating for most experienced drivers. After this change, you will find the 50 PC mark untouched, but the higher values are more in line with CN and CC; 98 or 99 will *really* mean something
- Total (TO) is not changed, but for sure needs a recalibration once we finalize the other ratings
- General: also within the next days, you will find the new maximum value will be 99 (opposed to 100)
- General: the 0.6 client has an array of preparations included that allows us to do a sequence of planned changes during the next weeks, so be aware of improvements for RC and the TO rating.
Right now I'm very happy about especially CC - but as usual we will need to look at real world data and reports before we can close this book. Grateful for any feedback and reports.
#3 Ratings reset
We knew this day would come: With 0.6, everybody will start out from 0. This allows us to precisely see how everyone is progressing through the lower ratings (and also allowed some fundamental changes on the server side).
Note: It's entirely possible that we reset again, but it's also possible that this was the last reset.
#4 Broadcasting disabled
For the moment, we had to disable the broadcasting UDP interface we introduced with 0.5. We will try to do our best to bring it back as soon as possible, but right now the priority is to make the overall game as good and stable as we want it to be.
Question for the modders here: Sadly, the interface was made based on the concepts we rewrote with 0.6, so the easiest (and most future-proof) way to go would involve changes in the protocol, which would require changes in the code you've written since 0.5. How do you feel about this?
That's it from my side for today - I hope you enjoy the eagerly awaited 0.6 version.
See you on the track!
- Added Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2018 model year.
- Added Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2015 model year.
- Added Monza Circuit.
- Driving (F1) cameras reworked: added two more driving cameras (dash pro
- with car hidden intended for built cockpits
- and far chase), game now remembers last used camera and added option to lock/hide driver and steering wheel per car. Lateral camera adjustment now also exposed in the View Settings.
- Camera movement settings now stored in Config/CameraSettings.jon, the old CameraOptionsEA.json is deprecated. General Movement adjusts movements in cockpit camera, Dashcam Factor adjust how much of that movement is transferred to the and bonnet cameras.IMPORTANT: old camera settings will be lost.
- Look L/R now works correctly in helmet camera. Look L/R looks to the side mirrors.
- TV onboard (F6) cameras added for available cars.
- Free (F7) camera now available with Cinema HUD (open with mouse scroll button).NOTE: this is NOT a full-feature camera mode, but allows players to enjoy visuals to a greater degree and take screenshots.
- Rewrite of multiplayer/gameplay code to improve stability and session progression.
- Ingame menus restructured and divided into Garage and Pause menu.
- Ingame HUD reorganised and added session status widget.
- New Radar widget added to HUD based on the popular app for the original Assetto Corsa.
- Updated configuration for dedicated servers, see assettocorsa.net/forum/index.p…-for-server-admins.54830/
- Introducing dynamic weather: (potentially) available on official Kunos Practice servers only until relevant game and UI features are added.
- Multiplayer sessions now emulate race weekends: rubber, dry line (general: weather and track status) represent the situation based on race day and time of day.
- UI and video settings are now stored in text files (...Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\menuSettings.json).IMPORTANT: your previous menu, graphical and game settings will be lost.
- Added advanced video settings, including mirror resolution, sharpening filter, material quality level, temporal upsampling, volumetric fog, bloom, camera dirt effect and foliage.
- Default graphics settings adjusted to allow for higher performance without noticeable loss to visual quality.
- Added session type tags in the UI car selection page to help identify entries eligible in different race types. NOTE: In quick race mode, the opponent field is generated based on the player's choice of entry.
- Added model year tag in the UI car selection to help identify car models in different evo versions.
- Assist options will now reliably update when changed during a session.
- Further adjustments to headlight effects in TV cameras.
- More realistic full formation lap with AI.
- AI aggressiveness tuning.
- AI grid generation now takes into account real life driver skill. Quick Race grids are generated with more consistency.
- Number of opponents increased to track capacity: bigger fields are now possible as a result, the current limit depends on each individual track. NOTE: Sprint races (both in race weekend and quick race modes) retain grid size limitation due to the number of available real-life entries.
- Improved raindrop effects on car windshields.
- Water spray from opponent cars now affects the player car's windshield in a dynamic way, taking into account distance, speed and track wetness.
- Automatic wiper assist now reacts to water spray and not just rain.
- Improvements to the appearance of wet and damp track surfaces, especially in low-wetness ranges, which should improve the perception of track conditions.
- Improvements to car vs. track surface collisions.
- Audio channel usage optimization.
- Reworked and more reliable marshalling system with checkered, yellow, white and blue flags.
- Added new spotter messages.
- Added race communication alerts.
- Losing the server connection (e.g. by a server restart) will now trigger a permanent message.
- Important race communication alerts are displayed for a longer time.
- Better highlights overtake detection.
- Optimized CPU use on all threads.
- Optimized replay memory usage.
- Optimized netcode and bandwith usage for Multiplayer servers.
- Volume and audio settings now affect the intro music.
- Added video sequences volume.
- Fixes to various car LODs to reduce pop-in in racing scenarios.
- Adjusted driver position in the BMW M6 GT3.
- Adjusted driver steering animations.
- Adjusted wet tyre shader and added ambient occlusion on tyres.
- Fixed potentially wrong resolution and crashes when starting the game.
- Fixed multiple crashes occurring when quitting sessions.
- Fixed replay time multiplier not resetting on session change.
- Fixed potentially wrong car location detection.- Fixed static car shadow fading out at high speeds.
- Improved tyre model combined grip.- Improved tyre heat model, especially in overheat conditions.
- Tyre wear is now affected differently by different kerbs, concrete and other surfaces.
- Tweaks in preset setups for all cars (we highly advise to not use older setups).
- Improved vertical surfaces aero model.
- MoTeC Telemetry implementation.
- Setup Electronics page now includes a slider to select the number of telemetry laps to be saved at the end of a driving session.
- MoTeC ACC dedicated workspace, created from Blancpain telemetry engineer used for evaluating basic setup and driver performance.
- Added native DBox SDK support.
- Added option to enable/disable native Fanatec LEDs.
- Setup minimum fuel load set at 2 litres for all cars.
- Fixed Ferrari 488 GT3 wrong fuel visualization in setup screen.
- Steering ratio tweaks for all cars.
- Monza BoP A adjustments for all cars.
- Tweaks in tyres dirt accumulation and grip levels when going on grass and sand.
- Sand traps now slow the cars down.
- Fix to unreliable car spawn in certain situations.
- Flipped cars will automatically spawn in the pits.
- Severe cutting will result in immediate disqualification in any type of Multiplayer sessions.
- Ratings: Track Competence (TR) has improved feedback in the UI; you will see all the sectors necessary, so the progress is easy to understand.
- Ratings: Track Competence (TR) algorithm improved to reduce false positive aborts.
- Ratings: Consistency (CN) was rewritten during the refactoring; it should work similarly but has improved precision on various aspects.
- Ratings: Car Control (CC) largely improved algorithm and UI feedback. It is a lot harder to gain higher ratings, unless you are driving very well.
- Ratings: Car Control (CC) now understands the concept of turning the wheel too much, and give appropriate feedback.
- NOTE: Pace (PC) and Total (TO) ratings will be improved and adjusted during the days after this version.
- NOTE: The maximum number of all ratings will be set to 99 (instead of 100).
- NOTE: ALL RATINGS AND DRIVER PROFILES WILL BE RESET WITH THIS 0.6 RELEASE.
- Backend servers: improved reconnection stability.
- Backend servers: fixed multiplayer sessions not registering stats and laptimes in certain situations.
- Passworded servers can now be created.
- Single player Sprint Race Weekend mode reworked and now has forced tyre change and driver swap.NOTE: Endurance Race Weekend game mode is temporarily disabled until supporting features and UI elements are completed (pit stops and penalties).NOTE: Pit stop crew animations are temporarily disabled until full functionality is retained.NOTE: The Broadcasting API is temporarily disabled
Die Hälfte der groß angekündigten Änderungen hääten die sich erstmal sparen können.
Aber immer noch kein vernünftiger Tripple Screen Support.
Und für mich noch viel wichtiger- VR Support immer noch nicht bearbeitet.
VR Nutzer - also die die nichts sehen können weil sie die Brille auf den Augen haben müssen alles über die Tastatur bedienen.
Alle anderen können die Maus benutzen- ganz großes Kino Kunos.Mainboard: hab ich, ist schwarz / Prozessor: na klar, sonst macht das Mainboard ja keinen Sinn / Graka: ja, ist lang, schwarz und hat Propeller / Netzteil: ist da, auch Propeller /Gehäuse: schwarz- schon wieder Propeller drin / Lenkrad: ist rund, Grau und Orange / Pedale: mal sehen- ja sind noch da
- Added rear-view camera display in Lamborghini Huracán GT3.
- Consistent mirror resolution in all cars.
- Fixed ghost car not working in some instances.
- Ghost car now has a more stable render.
- Fixed replay highlights increasing with longer sessions.
- Fix to mirror resolution default.NOTE: defaults to intended default resolution (MID) without changing anything. The EPIC setting is now eliminated. No action required from the user.
- Added presession timer to MP.
- Fix to false-positive DQ resulting from teleporting to pits.
- Fixed standings widget not updating total player count.
- Fixed driving camera resetting after entering and leaving the pause menu.
- Fixed both Nissans' setup ECU values, now start from 1.
- Fixed potential issue with road effects settings not loading properly.
- Race communication durations edited for important messages.
- Race results now show gaps to leader.
- AI skill and aggressiveness sliders remember last set values across game modes.NOTE: AI values will reset after initial launch so pay attention when playing for the first time.
- Informative help snippets added when selecting each graphics setting.
- Fixed wrong first lap time when start-finish line is crossed before the green light.
- Fixed AI erratic speeds during formation lap.
- Added lumirank update in replay.
- Enabled detailed animations in onboard cameras.
- Added session over message for qualifying/practice.
- Improved AI pace at Monza and Nurburgring.
- Added intermediate solution to run the formation sequence in Multiplayer. Overtakes may happen, but enables controlled formation sequence.
- Fixed protocol mismatch on the rating backend, resulting in wrong data.
- Fixed SA Rating working in Multiplayer.
- Fixed RC Rating preventing data being stored in Multiplayer.
- NOTE: Due to incompabilities with the data, the Rating Profiles will be reset again.
- Fixed end-sequence in Multiplayer: spotter annoucement, checkered flags and so on will now be correctly triggered.
- Fixed formation sequence not starting when the leader is in the pits.
- Fixed rare crash in the Multiplayer server, possibly also crashing connected clients.
- Fixed races not showing time gaps in Multiplayer races.
- Fixed tyres not being correctly selected based on dynamic weather conditions along with the setup.
- Added "Official Test Server" opened for experimental features and testing. See the official support forum.
- Fixed and password text input issues in VR.
- Fixed windshield water effects turning off with LOW and MED Effects settings.
- Fixed EF Jaguar G3 missing hydraulic compressor sound.
- Lamborghini Huracán GT3 aero correction.
- Fixed "locked controls" message invisible in VR.
- Fixed a bug in server leading to crashes and desynchronization of time, weather and sessions in Multiplayer.
- Improved collisions in Multiplayer.
- Fixed Multiplayer collision detection for the Safety Rating (SA).
- Removed automatic disqualification in Multiplayer; we collected enough data to go on while allowing drivers to enjoy MP without false positives.
- Added experimental fix to reduce the CPU occupancy in the accServer.
- Added CPU warnings to the accServer.
- Fixed name overlays not working for drivers that join Multiplayer.
- Fixed label visibility in Multiplayer.
- Fixed Driver Rating Profile displaying wrong data.
- Disabled Driver Rating Profile "Total progression" chart.
- Overall volume fine tuning.
- Nissan GT-R GT3 automatic clutch fine tuning.
- Ferrari 488 GT3 BOP correction.
- Bentley GT3 2016 BOP correction.
- Fixed automatic assist engine startup issue.
- Improved AI pace all over the board
- Added "lazy" Force Feedback initialization, hoping to solve people with no FF at start
- Added car retirement system to avoid long overtime
Damit ist auch (endlich) der Server-Bug beseitigt --> der ACC GTR4u-Server ist wieder erreichbar
Und wieder ein Update......
- Disabled the option for randomWeather in the Multiplayer server.
Changelog v0.7.0 (Part1)
- Opened SRO E-Sports Series
- Round 1 special event.NOTE: This special event is controlled remotely and may be invisible for a short time after the release.
- Reintroducing Endurance game modes.
- Added Custom Race Weekend mode that allows you to completely customize a race weekend, including number of races, mandatory pit stops and time multiplier.
NOTE: Some features, such as the Superpole session will become available in the full release of the game.
- Introducing penalties for various on-track transgressions: pitlane speeding, cutting, failure to serve mandatory pitstop within the pit window.Penalties include warnings, drive-through, stop&go and disqualification. Cutting is penalized depending on time gained. Cuts with large gains result in DQ straight away. Speeding in the pitlane may remove your fastest lap in non-race sessions, and serious speeding results in DQ straight away. Added penalty for reversing.
- Introducing pit stops with refuel, tyre change, damage repair and serving penalties.
- Introducing dynamic weather, custom weather and track status presets: the Weather page in the menu now allows you to select existing presets and enable dynamic weather for each single one of them. The preset defines the starting conditions, and also have a significant effect on what you can expect. Weather variability can range from 1 to 100%.The Custom weather preset allows you to set each aspect of the conditions, including cloud cover, the intensity of rain and levels of track wetness and standing water.NOTE: Selecting the Clear weather preset and high variability doesn't mean that you can expect drastic changes over a short period. Cloudy weather on the other hand, has a much bigger probability of producing precipitation, but variability can also render conditions to improve significantly.NOTE: The weather is designed to be dynamic over realistic periods of time. However, as it uses game-time, the player can accelerate weather transitions by using the time multiplier.- Various improvements in cut detection and corresponding penalties.
- Fixed engine start assist sometimes failing to restart the car.
- Added input to change secondary (Racelogic device) pages. Cycles between current laptime, delta, stint time and speed). Default key is ALT+D.
- Added input to toggle wiper on and off. Uses last selected wiper speed. Default key is ALT+W.
- Replay pause: now updated on random access.
- Replay pause: now possible to use the free camera controls with the same speed as 1x speed.
- Improved management of automatic highlights priority and avoiding flood.
- Option file for replay in [Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione]/Config/replay.json
- Added possibility to reduce saved replay time in options/general.
- Fixed wheel speed with different replay playing times.
- Fixed replay focused camera for disconnected cars during random access.
- Next car/previous shortcut is now based on relative car positions.
- Improved logic for white/yellow/blue flag and optimizations for marshalls.
- Fixed fireworks/tracklight/endmode for replay.
- Permanent spotter message groups.
- Added short wait time at the start of the formation to allow enough time for manual starting procedure.Ratings:
- Fixed Safety Rating (SA) decaying in both race and solo conditions.
- Improved Racecraft Rating (RC) development directly after unlocking.
- Improved Consistency Rating (CN), should now be more sensitive to inconsistencies.
- Improved Consistency Rating (CC) to be less volatile.
- Improved ingame rating widget to highlight rating value gains.
- Rating widget will now allow to unlock the highest rating Competition (CP) and remain in collapsed state then.
- Added data charts and insights for SA and RC rating Driver Profile Rating Page.
- Fixed driver category assignment in Total Rating page, added Beginner and Rookie categories.
- Due to the significant changes in RC and SA, both ratings will be reset. Progress in TR, CN and CC will remain.Visuals:
- Fixed a bug in VR that caused the racing HUD to flicker and hit performance by constantly re-rendering the overlay.
- Introducing visual and mechanical damage:Mechanical damage affects bodywork, suspension, aero and tyres.Visual damage affects bodywork, windows, can deform body parts and also affects the functionality of headlights.
- Added dynamic windshield dirt effects that are cleaned off during pit stops.
- Added blurred brake disc visuals.
- Fix for Dash and DashPro cameras having wrong offset/rotation when using custom settings.
- Fix for wrong camera pitch after F1 cycle with lock to horizon enabled.UI/HUD:
Changelog v0.7.0 (Part2)
- First release of the new multi-page and multi-functional widget, replacing the old Standings widget.It contains a real-time track position page, standings, pit stop strategy and car electronics. Navigation is possible with all navigation inputs, including keyboard arrows, D-Pad and mouse. It enables the player to control all car-related inputs (TC, ABS, wiper, lights, rain light etc.) on the fly, without having to map each key to the steering wheel/button box.NOTE: the MFD uses navigation inputs, which means input overlap may need some bindings to be remapped.NOTE: the MFD navigation in VR is not yet functional, thank you for your patience.
- Introducing weather forecast and grip status widget: a simple widget on the HUD that alerts the player of changing weather forecast in 10 and 30-minute projections. It is also visible on the race and setup screens. NOTE: It shows weather forecast in real-world time, which means in accelerated sessions the forecast will be translated to a time that is easier to understand for the player.- Fixed timing issues on car displays.
- Additional server information on Multiplayer lobby page, including session status and dynamic weather indicator.
- HUD pages can now by cycled backwards using Shift+F2.
- Added realtime track position widget.NOTE: it is now the default page inside the MFD in multi-car sessions.
- Weather and Track status summary now visible on the weather tile in the Single Player page.
- Added helper information for various single player pages and the new weather page.
- Added tyre pressure readout on tyre app to help users who do not use cockpit cameras monitor tyre pressure.Physics:
- Optimizations in multithreaded CPU calculations.
- Brake duct simulation. Influences brake disc heat and braking efficiency, but also rim and air temperature inside the tyre and thus pressure and general tyre temperature.
- Brake duct settings in setup aero screen for all cars. Setting 0 is a completely closed duct and can provoke brake fade very very fast, exceeding 1000°C. Never to be used in a real race, but added for simracer's gratification. Setting 6 is completely open and can keep the brakes very cold. The peak temperature is of course important but keep in mind that a low setting not only heats up more, but doesn't cool down the brake in the straights, so the heat accumulates and keeps dissipating heat to the tyres.Ideally you want your front brake HUD to show green or slight yellow at the end of your braking zone and your rear, green. Don't judge after just 2,3 braking zones. Do a couple of laps and let the brakes do some heat/cool cycles to arrive at a balanced condition.
- Suspension damage for all cars (WIP).
- Basic aero damage for all cars (WIP).
- Optimizations to tyre flex at very low speeds, to diminish or even eliminate an FFB vibration around 50kmh.
- Added tyre pressure and potential puncture influenced by riding kerbs aggressively.If you ride stepped kerbs with low tyre pressure (cold tyre) the tyre flex might provoke pressure loss. How much pressure loss is not easy to predict, but the lower the pressure the more pressure loss will happen. Hitting the kerbs and sliding laterally over them with low pressures can result to a tyre deflation losing all pressure instantly in less than a lap. Avoid kerbs with very cold tyres at all costs. When the tyre has adequate pressure, the risk of loss of pressure is almost null so you can attack kerbs again. Be careful when racing on slick tyres when it starts raining. The tyres will lose temperature very fast and so you must avoid kerbs until you enter for your pitstop. Any pressure over 26psi is relatively safe. The whole system is complex, brand new and we are still working on it. Thank you for your patience.
- Improved collision model, which significantly benefits car-to-ground collisions. Also brings significant improvements to car behaviour when attacking any kind of kerbs.
- Start ECU assist now has more discreet intervention because of the launch control implementation. To start, just floor it in 1st gear with clutch on and revs will be limited to 5000rpm. The less start assist should aid when trying to spin around on grass after a track exit.
- Tweaked TC logic for all cars. Permits more slippage in straight line and more angle. Can result in more oversteery cars in lower TC settings so take care when track is slippery.
- Fixed bug that could cause an event to start with tyres in ambient temperature if user clicked directly on drive.
- Wet tyre adjustments.
- Slick tyres optimum pressure range now 1-2 psi higher. Audio:
- Exterior engine volumes are now higher.
- Interior engine volumes are now higher.
- Fixed wind sound in tunnel/underpass sometimes not played properly.
- Fixed pit alarm sirens sometimes not played properly.
- Tuned exterior volume for engine reverb and reflection.
- Tuned volume attenuation curve for opponents when the player is in cockpit/chase cameras.
- New radio messages and alerts, including penalties, damage, tyre pressure warning.
- Fixed possible crash changing device for xaudio2.
- Fixed inconsistencies in ambient zone audio.
- Updated fmod to version 1.10.10.Multiplayer:
- Fixed issue where the HUD would vanish after a session transition.
- Enabled server rating requirements, see updates in assettocorsa.net/forum/...serv…for-server-admins.54830/- Added dirt and visual damage to Multiplayer.- Improved server lobby stability.- Enabled dynamic weather in multiplayer server configuration, see updates in assettocorsa.net/forum/...serv…for-server-admins.54830/- Improved race-weekend track condition simulation in Multiplayer when dynamic weather is used.
- Safety (SA) and Racecraft (RC) ratings will change with a drastically reduced rate on password protected servers.
- Added server admin commands: /kick and /ban.
- Fixed a bug in some tracks where pitwall proximity would invalidate the lap.
- Removed penalty audio message at the end of the race.
- Fixed incorrect #26 Special Event description.
- Fix for MFD losing focus after a pitstop.
- Fix for potential setup initialization issues when changing game modes.
- Fix for Real-Time display showing lapped entries in non-race sessions.
- Missed changelog entry from initial release: default keyboard mappings have been changed to free up the arrow keys for MFD navigation.Custom mapping for various controllers will be implemented at a later time. Thank you for your patience.
- Fixed auxiliary light mesh not fitting the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3.
- Fix for lack of expected rain probability with high variability percentages when setting high cloud density and dry track surface.
- Repair time added to teleport during race.
- Fixed wrong damage message after teleporting to pit.
- Enabled 10 laps telemetry saving by default on Huracan GT3 monza preset setups.NOTE regarding old setups: setups created in older builds will have extreme brake duct settings and may cause braking issues and overheating. Please adjust accordingly.https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/brake-ducts-and-tyre-damage.55903/NOTE regarding control presets: old control presets created in previous versions may cause issues. It is recommended to delete your old controls.json in Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config/ and start from scratch.
- Fixed qualifying rule bug in Custom Race Weekend when the number of race sessions set were fewer than the number of qualifying sessions.
- Fix for cut warnings used in non-race sessions.
- Improved AI behavior under braking in traffic.
- Added AI reaction time at race start.
- Cars lapping the focused car now indicated red on the real-time display.
- More consistent real-time display.
- Fixed controls lock issue after a race restart.
- Enabled refueling in Multiplayer pitstops.
- Fixed potential freeze/crash in Multiplayer.
- In Multiplayer, players who are late to press "Drive" before the formation lap will be sent to pitlane with controls locked.
- Fixed mandatory pit calculation for AI if Driver Stint pitstop mode is selected.
- More reliable blue flag triggers.
- On race-end, the real-time display now shows the official finish position.
- Fixed track getting dry too quickly when rain goes down in small increments.
- Disabled "Remove fastest lap" penalty from practice and qualifying.
- Fixed MFD taking mouse focus away from the Pause menu.
- Possible fix for missing Force Feedback in VR mode.
- Fix to a bug that switched the F3 camera set when switching cars (both in replay and in game using shift+arrows).
- Improved manual and automatic clutch issues and functionality.
- Fixed VR navigation in the Multiplayer lobby page.- Navigation is now possible in the MFD in VR mode.
- Fixed a bug in dynamic weather that removed the starting rain from the Light Rain preset with dynamic mode enabled.
- Fixed replay searching for a car that is already disconnected in Multiplayer.
- Added priority to player-related penalty messages in race communication.